Thursday, March 5, 2009

Joining the blogging world...

I am finally joining the blogging community! I thought there was no point to ME having a blog but what can I say, I gave into another fad! Cooking, and especially baking, is something that I LOVE doing! It is a stress reliever to me so I plan to share my recipes....some of them at least! And of course I will vent on those things that come to my random mind!



Here are today's recipes for you:

Mexican Casserole: (This is dinner tonight! One I made up! Yum Yum!!!)
1 lb. Chicken, boiled and shredded, seasoned/simmered in Taco Seasoning packet
1 Package Mahatma Spanish Rice, cooked as directed on package
1 can Rotel, drained
1 can olives, sliced
1 can black beans, drained
Shredded Cheese

Layer your ingreidients as follows:
1. Rice
2. Black Beans
3. Thin layer of shredded cheese
4. Chicken
5. Rotel
6. Olives
7. Lots o' Cheese!
Finally, broil in the oven till the cheese is nice a bubbly!

I serve this with tortilla chips, salsa, guacomole, and sour cream.





Here is the one I made tonight....its taken on my phone so please excuse the bad picture!





And a desert for you....

Snickerdoodle Cookies:

1 cup soft shortening
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoons salt

Combine shortening, sugar and eggs. Sift together and stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll dough into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll into mixture of 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon. Place about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Place in preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and "cracked" on top.

Taken (but edited) from http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook


2 things to notate here.....I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use White Lilly All Purpose Flour. There is no substitute!!!! And you will NEVER NEVER NEVER get my pound cake recipe!!! Sorry I have to keep some secrets!

3 comments:

Mike and Tycie said...

Hey girl,
I noticed that you are a follower of Delightful Dots... I wanted to just send you a comment letting you know of this new site that is similar to DD in style... You should check them out and see what you think...

Mike and Tycie said...

Sorry,
www.scrappinblogs.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Welcome to the blogging world!

About Me

My Photo
Melissa
I am a 28 year old who loves life. I've lived thru a lot of heartache but choose everyday to look on the bright side and praise God for all of the things He has given me! I am living on my own and enjoying the experience of being a homeowner! And I cannot forget the 2 pups who keep me quite entertained, Hershey the Cocker Spaniel and Chloe the Shih Tzu.
View my complete profile

Chloe

Chloe
Don't let her sweet face fool you!

Hershey

Hershey
All boy and loves the ladies!

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream