Monday, October 12, 2009

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down....

So it has been raining here most of the day. And luckily I work from home on Mondays. Since it was raining and cool I decided it was time for the first pot of soup of the fall.
Above are most of my ingredients. I forgot to pull out the black beans for the picture. But it is 1lb of ground beef, 1/2 a chopped onion, 1 pack Taco Seasoning, 1 pack Ranch dressing mix, 1 can of pinto beans, 1 can of kidney beans, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of kernel corn, 1 can of stewed tomatoes, 1 can Rotel, and about 3-4 cups of water. Brown the ground beef and saute the onions, drain. Drain all your beans and corn. Empty can of stewed tomatoes and Rotel (with juices) into large sauce pan. Add beans, water, taco seasoning, ranch dressing pack, and ground beef/onions. Simmer for about 2 hours.
I am serving it with a dollop of sour cream and a little cheese on top with a side of corn bread! Yum, yum!
Below is one of my favorite reason for working at home!

This sweet girl has been curled up in my lap ALL day!


0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Melissa
I am a 28 year old who loves life. I've lived thru a lot of heartache but choose everyday to look on the bright side and praise God for all of the things He has given me! I am living on my own and enjoying the experience of being a homeowner! And I cannot forget the 2 pups who keep me quite entertained, Hershey the Cocker Spaniel and Chloe the Shih Tzu.
View my complete profile

Chloe

Chloe
Don't let her sweet face fool you!

Hershey

Hershey
All boy and loves the ladies!

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream