Monday, July 27, 2009

Alumni and Bowling...

Saturday I headed out to Carrollton for the day. The UWG BSU reunion was this past weekend. I have not been to Carrollton in a VERY long time and it was quite interesting to go back and see all the changes! The BSU itself has not changed much. A new coat of paint on the inside but it still had the same furniture! Even the old comfy couch that we are pretty sure is probably so dirty that we really dont want to sit on it...but let me tell you there were good naps taken on that couch!!!!
After the reunion Shane drove me around town to see all the new and exciting things! HA! And we walked around campus a little too. It was good to go back and see everything! GREAT memories! We also went a sat out a Lake Carroll for a little while.
Then we headed to the movie theatre to see The Ugly Truth. It was a cute movie. Not as great as I thought it was going to be. I dont think Shane liked it to much but he suffered thru it in silence to make me happy! (Told you I had a great guy! ;) )
After the movie we headed to Newnan for a little bowling. I like bowling. I am no good at it, but I like it. We usually go each year at work and I break 100. So I figure that is pretty good for an amature. Well folks, I beat my great guy! First game total was 94 (Shane) to 104 (Me). And the second game? 106 (Shane) to 161 (me). Apparently I missed the part where you are not supposed to beat the guy in sports because that emmasculates them. (Beat him at putt putt too!)
Oh well! He is bound and determined that he will find SOMETHING to beat me at! Poor guy!
Then we headed to Frank's for dinner! This was by far the best part of my day! Frank's is this little hole in the wall resturant in Palmetto. Frank, the owner, is Greek/Italian and makes THE BEST food period! I have not eaten at Franks in sooo long that I had almost forgotten how good it was!. Well, I decided since we were already in Newnan going a couple of exit's up 85 was no big deal. I warned Shane that this was a hole in the wall but he was still shocked when I pulled up to an old convience store! I had the Philly Cheesesteak and he had the Gyro. SOOOO good!!! And he was quickly convinced of the same! Trust me, if you are near Palmetto/Senoia/Tyrone/Newnan area go try Frank's! It is worth it!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Melissa
I am a 28 year old who loves life. I've lived thru a lot of heartache but choose everyday to look on the bright side and praise God for all of the things He has given me! I am living on my own and enjoying the experience of being a homeowner! And I cannot forget the 2 pups who keep me quite entertained, Hershey the Cocker Spaniel and Chloe the Shih Tzu.
View my complete profile

Chloe

Chloe
Don't let her sweet face fool you!

Hershey

Hershey
All boy and loves the ladies!

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream