Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer cold and a road trip...

Apparently this one never got posted last week....so you are getting a twofer this week...

Last week my body decided to HATE me! On Monday I took 2 naps! (I work from home on Mondays and Thursdays.) Which is really rare for me. Tuesday I went to work but was exhausted ALL day long and my throat was burning. I left work a little early and decided to come home and take a nap. When I awoke from my 2 hour nap low and behold I had a summer cold in full! No energy, could barely hold my head up, throat was burning, etc. On Wednesday I tried my best to get out of bed and go to work but my body would just not have it! Instead I called out and slept all day. Well, minus the part where I had my annual doctors appointment. Which by the way went well, no new lumps, which means no breast cancer! Yay! And the 3 that were found last year have not grown! Double yay! Anyways, I got home from that doctors visit, and went straight back to bed. I have the best Momma in the world who came over and brought me soup for supper! Thursday I was feeling better and decided I could make it in to work. When I got there my co-worker looked at my boss and says "Jerry, there is a big fat germ ball that just walked in, send her home!!!" And so he did....literally...I was there for about an hour and a half and by that time he kept fussing at me and shooing me out the door! I worked from home the rest of the day and felt MUCH better by Friday! Now the runny nose has started and I am about to SCREAM!!! I hate runny noses....they are gross and annoying things! Uggg!
Anyways, all the girls went on a road trip to see Heather and James this weekend up in Charlotte. We had a great time. We left around 1:30 on Friday and got up there about 5:30 or so. We went and had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and then went back to Heather's house for Pinneapple Upside Cake Martini's! YUUMMMMOOO!!!! This is our signature drink! So easy and soo tasty! Saturday we got up, cooked breakfast, got ready...which takes some time with 6 girls! And then went to lunch and shopped a little. We left Charlotte around 6pm Saturday evening and I pulled in my driveway at 10:30. So we made good time....and that was even stopping for dinner and then at Kathleens to pick up my car and break in her house...HA! She locked her keys in the house when we were unloading the car and I had to use a credit card to break in! Yes, folks, one of my hidden talents! Anyways, it was a great weekend, but I did miss Shane! I wont get to see him until this weekend!

Here is a pic of the girls....the only picture I took this weekend!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Melissa
I am a 28 year old who loves life. I've lived thru a lot of heartache but choose everyday to look on the bright side and praise God for all of the things He has given me! I am living on my own and enjoying the experience of being a homeowner! And I cannot forget the 2 pups who keep me quite entertained, Hershey the Cocker Spaniel and Chloe the Shih Tzu.
View my complete profile

Chloe

Chloe
Don't let her sweet face fool you!

Hershey

Hershey
All boy and loves the ladies!

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream