Monday, August 10, 2009

Herzlich willkommen in Helen

No my blog title has not lost it's mind. That is German for "Welcome to Helen."

Shane came up on Friday night and I met him in Alpharetta at The Cheesecake Factory. I promised him that we would go since I had teased him with it the weekend before and it is one of his favorite restaurant's! We had a great meal and then came back to the house after stopping by the Redbox to pick up some movies. We did not end up watching the movies because we got back to the house so late that we ended up going to bed! (Author's note: I sleep downstairs in my bed, and Shane sleeps upstairs in the guest bedroom! No funny business in this house!)

Saturday we got up....around 11! And got ready for the day. After stopping by my parents house (in which Shane ended up meeting them!) to pick up my water shoes and the tubing poles we headed to Helen for the day. One of my favorite summer activities, other than Stone Mountain, is going to Helen. If you have never been you should definitely go! We planned to go tubing down the 'Hooch, but when I saw how packed it was I said NO! Shane was a little disappointed...OK A LOT, but I promised him we would go back. Its just a 45 minute ride from my house up there and it is a great day get away. We ended up eating our picnic in the back of my Jeep along the river, and then walking around the town. Of course we stopped in at Hansel and Gretel, the best candy shop! They were making fudge and it smelled wonderful! To bad I don't like to eat it! Shane got a candy apple with nuts, and I got pecan brittle. (Of course I had to pick mom and dad up some too!) After walking around we decided to play putt putt. Shane was determined to beat me...and sure enough he did! Badly too! I think the final score was 54 me to 44 Shane! Ack! That's okay....I will get him again! He now thinks he wants a rematch in bowling! HA! After a long day in Helen we headed home to eat our leftover Cheesecake Factory food and of course had to stop by and pick Chloe up! We tried watching The Soloist that night but I laid my head on Shane's shoulder and I was out! I could not even tell you what the first scene was! He said it was pretty good! Shane took pictures on his phone so I don't have one to post!

On Sunday we slept late again...I promise we will make it to church one of these days! (Again, seperate bedrooms!) But Shane went to dinner with me at my parents house! After dinner, I guess he was feeling quite comfortable since he stretched out on the couch with his feet in my lap and proceeded to take a nap! Dinner went well and I think my parents like him so far! They are of course more cautious. And he is already starting at a deficit since he is a UF fan...trust me I am working on that one! But they both said he was very nice and polite! I get to meet his family in a few weeks when I head to Carollton for his Dad's suprise birthday party! I am nervous and excited!

This week is just work work work and Friday Shane is coming again! We are supposed to head back to Stone Mountain on Saturday with Patricia, Mike, and the kids for the day! So that will be a lot of fun!

1 comments:

Katie Leipprandt said...

Hey Melissa! Love the new background. Tubing in Helen is one of my favorite things to do in the summer too!

About Me

My Photo
Melissa
I am a 28 year old who loves life. I've lived thru a lot of heartache but choose everyday to look on the bright side and praise God for all of the things He has given me! I am living on my own and enjoying the experience of being a homeowner! And I cannot forget the 2 pups who keep me quite entertained, Hershey the Cocker Spaniel and Chloe the Shih Tzu.
View my complete profile

Chloe

Chloe
Don't let her sweet face fool you!

Hershey

Hershey
All boy and loves the ladies!

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream