Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Well it has been a whirlwind couple of weeks. Thanksgiving for me kicked off the Saturday before Thanksgiving Day. WillowWood, the facility my Mom is the Administrator of, had their resident and family luncheon. This is one of two favorite holiday's at the facility. I always go and help serve plates to the residents. (My other favorite holiday is Christmas where I dress up as Santa's elf. Unfortunately I will not get to do that this year.)

Thanksgiving Day was quiet. Mom had to work, so Dad and I headed to meet her after work at Cracker Barrel for dinner. It was very good and quite a deal! For around $9.00 you got turkey, ham, dressing, sweet potato casserole, another vegetable of your choice, cranberry sauce, and dessert!

On Friday, Dad and I got up at 3am and headed out to shop! We went to Belk, Kohls, and Lowes. For the first 250 people in line at Belk each one got a gift card with a random dollar amount on it. I was lucky enough to be handed 2 that were stuck together for $10.00 each! I was going for black scrunchy boots that were on sale for $19.99. I ended up paying only $1.39 for my boots! We were back home by 6:30 and I crashed! After taking my nap, Dad and I headed out to watch New Moon. It was actually the second time I saw it. I thought it was much better than Twilight.

Saturday is the day that the Dorsey family celebrates Thanksgiving. We headed to Forsyth, GA to have dinner with the family. We ate way to much and had a great time being together.

Sunday, I headed out to have lunch with some of my West GA girls. Every so often we get together to catch up and play with the new babies! It is always a ton of fun and I love my lunches with them!
After lunch, I headed to Mom and Dad's house and decorated their Christmas tree. Today, I put mine up and Mom came over after she got off work and helped me decorate it. I am almost ready for Christmas, just one or two presents left to buy, and then wrapping! On a separate notes, Shane and I broke up. It is a story that I would rather not go in to the details about, but I am okay with it.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Melissa
I am a 28 year old who loves life. I've lived thru a lot of heartache but choose everyday to look on the bright side and praise God for all of the things He has given me! I am living on my own and enjoying the experience of being a homeowner! And I cannot forget the 2 pups who keep me quite entertained, Hershey the Cocker Spaniel and Chloe the Shih Tzu.
View my complete profile

Chloe

Chloe
Don't let her sweet face fool you!

Hershey

Hershey
All boy and loves the ladies!

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream