Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dinner for 4....sort of

Tonight I invited my parents over for dinner. Usually we have Sunday dinner at their house but Shane and I had a cookout to go to Sunday night...see the previous post...so I decided to invite them over last night! Unfortunately, Dad had to go to Augusta on a run and was not able to make it. So it was just Mom, Shane and I and a to-go plate for Dad.

I made this YUMMY dish!



http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/10/wednesday-night-dinner-spaghetti-with-artichoke-hearts-and-tomatoes/



It is the second time I have made it and let me tell you it is to die for! Especially if you like Italian dishes! I do edit it a little....I add chicken...to give it some protein, but you could throw shrimp in instead. I used angel hair pasta but I think I may use cheese tortellini the next time around (gotta try a few random things and make it your own, right?). Oh, and you may want to cut the artichoke hearts up a bit. But other than that I followed the recipe to the letter and we could not eat enough of it! I served it with oven roasted asparagus, salad, and garlic toast.
Warning, it does make a large portion! I had enough for us to eat way to much, a huge plate for Dad, a plate for Shane for lunch today and myself a lunch plate! My mouth is still watering!

1 comments:

Patricia Gates said...

Michael loves italian dishes...I'm going to try this one soon!

About Me

My Photo
Melissa
I am a 28 year old who loves life. I've lived thru a lot of heartache but choose everyday to look on the bright side and praise God for all of the things He has given me! I am living on my own and enjoying the experience of being a homeowner! And I cannot forget the 2 pups who keep me quite entertained, Hershey the Cocker Spaniel and Chloe the Shih Tzu.
View my complete profile

Chloe

Chloe
Don't let her sweet face fool you!

Hershey

Hershey
All boy and loves the ladies!

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream