Thursday, November 12, 2009

A new chapter...

A new chapter will soon begin! Yesterday I received word that I was offered (and yes I accepted) a new position at work! This will be a change of departments....and buildings! I had applied a few weeks ago, and to be honest had somewhat forgotten about this position. 2 weeks ago today I received an email asking me if I had notified my manager about the application. I had not! So I quickly shot him an email letting him know...like I said I wasn't expecting this. Luckily my manager now encourages us to look for promotions and opportunities to grow. Jerry was cool with it and I emailed the recruiter back. The following Monday she called me and did a phone interview and set up an interview with the hiring manager for that Tuesday(11/3). The interview went REALLY WELL! I was a little excited but tried to contain myself. He told me in that interview to go ahead and expect a second interview the next week. The following day, sure enough, I had a meeting request for my second interview for this past Tuesday (11/10). The bad part of this story is that I came down with some little stomach bug on Monday, but I sucked it up and went in on Tuesday for my interviews. I met with 3 different people in the department and each of those interviews went well. After meeting with the team I went back in and spoke to the manager again. He was asking how soon I could transition which was getting me excited and hopeful but then he turned very proper on me and started using terms like "if you are selected" and "well we have finished with all of our interviews and we will be making a decision." So with that my self doubter-ness kicked in and I wasn't so sure any more. I will admit, I checked my voicemail on and off about 5 different times yesterday! I knew they would be making a quick decision. Low and behold at about 6:20 last night I received a phone call on my cell. It was the recruiter calling me to offer the position! I was still on the phone and went out to signal to my Dad that I got it! After hanging up of course I had to let out a little scream and do a little dance...and yes I did a little dance!
This has been a long time coming and I think it is finally the right time! It is a pretty big promotion. I will be moving not only departments but it is in a different division of the company. And, I get to move to the big building. (The department I am in now is in a small building down the road from the main building.) I spoke to my new manager today and he wants me transitioned over on 11/30. When I spoke to my managers boss (my manager is on vacation this week) he said that it would be 3 -4 weeks at best. But who knows. I know that I am ready for this new chapter to begin! Granted, there is a lot to learn and I will probably have quite a few frustrating days ahead but I am ready for them! I am excited for this to begin!

2 comments:

Miss Turner said...

Congrats on your new position!!!

Patricia Gates said...

I'm proud of you!

About Me

My Photo
Melissa
I am a 28 year old who loves life. I've lived thru a lot of heartache but choose everyday to look on the bright side and praise God for all of the things He has given me! I am living on my own and enjoying the experience of being a homeowner! And I cannot forget the 2 pups who keep me quite entertained, Hershey the Cocker Spaniel and Chloe the Shih Tzu.
View my complete profile

Chloe

Chloe
Don't let her sweet face fool you!

Hershey

Hershey
All boy and loves the ladies!

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream