Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why I love my Church...

I seriously love my church! It is rather large. We have 3 services, 2 blended and one contemporary. But, while it is large, it feels small. We have all ages...from the 80 year olds to the 2 year olds. I have a family there. I am involved with the singles and I love these people. I have such a great group of friends that will keep me laughing to the point of squeaking, accountable when I get out of line, and tell me they love me when I both acting crazy and then when I am not in the best of moods. They are the best girlfriends and guy friends a girl could ask for.

Today was our church wide brunch. Instead of having service and Sunday School, we came together and had brunch. Dr. Lee spoke on how we are all a family. That we do not say my God, but OUR God. He is all of our Father which makes us all brothers and sisters and we look out for our family. I just thought it was neat how old and young, small and large, everyone could come together as a family.

Those are just a few reasons why I love my church! Do you have a church to call home? Do you love your church? Do you have a church family?

1 comments:

Katie Leipprandt said...

I loved this post Melisaa! I'm so glad you've found a church home that you love so much. I love my church too - Buckhead Church. I love the middle school girls I've been working with for the past three years and I love their heart for the city of Atlanta. (Oh yeah and the music/teaching is alright too : )

About Me

My Photo
Melissa
I am a 28 year old who loves life. I've lived thru a lot of heartache but choose everyday to look on the bright side and praise God for all of the things He has given me! I am living on my own and enjoying the experience of being a homeowner! And I cannot forget the 2 pups who keep me quite entertained, Hershey the Cocker Spaniel and Chloe the Shih Tzu.
View my complete profile

Chloe

Chloe
Don't let her sweet face fool you!

Hershey

Hershey
All boy and loves the ladies!

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream