Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Power

Power is a beautiful thing. It provides light in the dark, heat in the cold, air in the heat, electricity to turn on TV's, alarm clocks, and laptops. Needless to say it provides a lot of useful things. Useful things you don't realize you are in need of until it is gone. I arrived home this evening to a power truck pulling up in front of my driveway. When I walked into my house I noticed that the clocks were out which told me the power was out. I thought it was no big deal since the power company had just pulled up. Boy was I wrong. After eating dinner, reading for a while, and finally resorting to taking a nap, I had had enough. Apparently instead of turning my power back on they had simply checked and left. So, I placed a call to report my power outage. Luckily, they responded in about 30 minutes and quickly had the power back on. But, I had my bag packed ready to head to my parents to spend the night. Funny what a simple thing you THINK power is, until it is gone! I mean, do you really think my boss would have believed me showing up late to work with wet hair and the excused of..."sorry, my power was out!"?

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Melissa
I am a 28 year old who loves life. I've lived thru a lot of heartache but choose everyday to look on the bright side and praise God for all of the things He has given me! I am living on my own and enjoying the experience of being a homeowner! And I cannot forget the 2 pups who keep me quite entertained, Hershey the Cocker Spaniel and Chloe the Shih Tzu.
View my complete profile

Chloe

Chloe
Don't let her sweet face fool you!

Hershey

Hershey
All boy and loves the ladies!

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream