Wednesday, April 6, 2011

When did being illegal become okay?

When exactly did being an illegal become okay? When did being an illegal alien ENTITLE you? I read this article on WSBTV.com today and it made me angry! Why, how, when did these people feel it was okay to be in our country illegally? And why are so many Americans not opposed to them receiving benefits? I know they come to this country to have a better life. I am all for that, but there is a right and wrong way to do it. I have a friend from Brazil. She immigrated here when she was in high school legally. I graduated college with her. She married an American man and has 3 children. It wasn't until she was pregnant with her 2nd child that she received her citizenship. Not because she was waiting, because it took her that long to go thru the process. But she did it the right way. She was proud to be here the right way. When did we let it be okay for these selfish people who think they belong here and are entitled to be here??? Ughhh!

1 comments:

Patricia Gates said...

this is very sweet.... and true! I love you.

About Me

My Photo
Melissa
I am a 28 year old who loves life. I've lived thru a lot of heartache but choose everyday to look on the bright side and praise God for all of the things He has given me! I am living on my own and enjoying the experience of being a homeowner! And I cannot forget the 2 pups who keep me quite entertained, Hershey the Cocker Spaniel and Chloe the Shih Tzu.
View my complete profile

Chloe

Chloe
Don't let her sweet face fool you!

Hershey

Hershey
All boy and loves the ladies!

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream