Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yard Sale

So, buying a house means you have to put things in a house, right? Which means furniture? Well, I don't have any. OK, I have a little. I mean very little. Like, all I have is a couch, a TV, my bed, and dresser. That's IT! So I need LOTS of stuff. Well....how does one obtain lots of stuff when a) you don't have the money...because you just bought a house and b) you cant put stuff on credit because they are doing all the fun financing things right now? YARD SALES!!!!

I had to work last Saturday so Dad went out for me. He found a few pots and a couple of dishes. So, this morning we hit all the big community yard sales here in Cumming. SCORE! Our first house we went to I found a dinning room table and 6 chairs for $150.00!!!! YAY!! I don't have a picture of that yet...

The next house I found some cake pans and cookie racks and a outdoor bistro set. It has an umbrella with it to...how much you ask...$5.00!



Next stop a basement sale...I didn't want to stop but Dad said why not you just never know. And, boy was he right! I found a foot stool, a Singer sewing machine, and some tins. How much? $16.00!!!!

My tins that I picked up are on the foot stool. My parents have the saltine cracker tin and we do keep saltine crackers in that tin. Since I am moving out I was wanting one but knew I would never find one...I mean who really keeps those things around now anyways. But luckily I did, and a Ritz cracker tin, and the smallest one is a Maxwell House French Roast Coffee tin. I have decided that I am going to sit them on my counter top and use them as canisters! Now, I cracked the lady who sold me the foot stool up, she was telling my how the paint is chipped but that I could just peel it off and repaint it...UM NO! That's what gives it character I say...she just gave me the funniest look!
On top of that I went to Stein Mart and Belk last night with Mom and scored some really cute things for super cheap!!!
I love yard sales!!!!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Melissa
I am a 28 year old who loves life. I've lived thru a lot of heartache but choose everyday to look on the bright side and praise God for all of the things He has given me! I am living on my own and enjoying the experience of being a homeowner! And I cannot forget the 2 pups who keep me quite entertained, Hershey the Cocker Spaniel and Chloe the Shih Tzu.
View my complete profile

Chloe

Chloe
Don't let her sweet face fool you!

Hershey

Hershey
All boy and loves the ladies!

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream